Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 01:51:27 -0400
I must say that I was surprised to read this in such a prominent position of
the article and with as much attention.  I don't hear it often and wouldn't
even make my top 10 list of pet peeves for contests.

What is a much bigger issue in my opinion is the use of 7125 - 7200 in SSB
contests listening split.  The intent of the USA and EU expansion of the sub
bands was to make the SSB easier, wasn't it?  Instead, people are still
using a split listening frequency many times and are parked in the place
where simplex should be taking place for efficiency.  Some of them aren't
even listening on their own frequency and are parked in this area.  I would
love to see this discouraged by CQ much more than the space devoted to such
a minor occurrence of split on CW.

Ed  N1UR