[CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?
From: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:14:11 -0500
On 2/4/2013 1:55 PM, Tim Duffy wrote:
> Hi Rich!
>
> John, W2GD won the ARRL SS CW single operator category from his home station
> in New Jersey in 1978.
>
> 73,
> Tim K3LR

Excellent.  Terrific to see that SOAB is winnable from the East coast
(once every 35 years).

73 Rich NN3W  Rich,Agree 100%. Plus it’s a different era in contesting since
W2GD won CW SS in 1978. That was before computer logging and SO2R became the
norm.I don’t seem to understand why people have a hang up on keeping old
antiquated rules.I’m curious when the last time an east coast station won phone
SS? I bet it’s well before 1978Jeff