[CQ-Contest] Why few "odd" mults around

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why few "odd" mults around
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:42:12 +0700
In all ARRL DX contests, I am an "odd" mult here in Thailand.  I would like
to work these contests more, and feel my semi-rare mult status would be
especially appreciated to work, but I operate these contests very little
due to boredom.  I suspect other "wanted" mults in my situation react the
same way.

To enjoy ARRL contests, I have to be heard in the USA.  Even with some
positive propagation, USA is beaming exclusively to EU and I can not be
heard.
Too, few USA look for and beam my way except for short times, usually late
in the contest.  Well, I must tell you, it is no fun to wait around for the
occasional USA station to work because of these trends.  Thus, I just go
off to the WARC bands and skip ARRL contests.

I think my situation is similar to all of SA, Africa, VK/ZL, and parts of
Asia.  So, USA operators, if you miss we "odd" mults, you will find us on
the WARC bands actually making contacts instead of snoozing and waiting for
an ARRL contest contact.

C U in the CQ contests.  73,

--
Charly, HS0ZCW

P.S.  Way too many times I have called a loud USA station calling CQ
Contest to have no response.  Reasons are 1. he is beaming away from me or
2. he is on another band making contacts and what I am calling on my band
is just a robot holding a freq.  No surprise, then, that I QSY to WARC
bands.