Re: [CQ-Contest] Why few "odd" mults around

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why few "odd" mults around
From: <DLindsay.vlc@mscspain.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:06:26 +0000
I understand Charlie's point of view.

And conversely, although I don't have the stats, I feel its a pretty popular
contest in Europe.

At ED5T we like the ARRL format for multi-single. It’s a no-brainer. Point your
antennas to the states and leave them parked. No cluster. No second station.
Just get on and operate. There's even time to sleep in the morning! Oh, and we
never notice a shortage of left coasters to work except up in those far-away
Canadian outposts. I guess it’s the same for most EU stations. But as Charlie
says, maybe not too conducive to getting more off-the-beaten-track folks to
enter.

Another decisive fact for us to do ARRL is the dates, better for all of us than
Russian DX or CQWPX, easter usually gets in the way of one or other or both,
hence we are... ARRL fans :). CU in the SSB leg!

73
Duncan EA5ON
www.ea5on.com
http://ea5kv.ure.es/torrentcc.htm