Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 13:59:27 -0200
Well. It is clear that those that have invested zillions in building a
station with tons of aluminum will not be in favor of such change.
But probably things are getting so hot in several aspects of the discussion
that it would be reasonable to think in terms of giving what they deserve
to the vast majority of entrants who make these weekend events possible and
not to the big egos that try to win a plaque or set a fake record at any
cost.

What still keeps amazing me is the fact that they believe they are actually
"wining" something.  Most of us are contesting old farts, most of us know
each other pretty well. It would be really nice to see a change of mind in
us all.

Imagine of a CQ WW DX when people from really far away places can
comfortably run (or at least less uncomfortably) on the bands because
everyone is playing by the rules allowing to reduce the chaotic, sky rocket
high wall to wall generated by decawatts.
Or where the rules privilege the effort it takes to make a QSO.
Not to mention if rules privileged proficiency like in the NA Sprints...
(but this is less likely applicable to a contest like CQ WW). The previous
points are pretty applicable though.

Best 73.

Martin, LU5DX