Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 12:19:04 +0000
My take on convergence and change..
Change happens.. props and never the same... antennas maybe, radios, maybe.
Contest rules, maybe.
and that, for me becomes the issue.. when the rules make a major shift.. it is
tuff for me to go back
years to compare scores.. even in the archives.. there isn't a note on this
scoreboard or that scoreboard that
there has been a rule change affecting comparisons. This happened to me a long
time ago... claimed power is
noted, and so are most of the rest of the primary things.. location.. and the
like.
So.. for me.. I compete.. against me. And the bragging rights... are my own. To
me. The scores, historically, I use
consistently for antenna design consideration. It is just a small particle of
info, granted. But it is there. Combined scores or major changes will happen..
and that ultimately makes me want to operate my own way, what brings me the
most reward, a personal best, compared to like minded folks.. or simply to try
something out.. And.. it becomes even easier when it comes to log submission
time.. IF I have entered and what was done during the contest doesn't fit the
rules.. no log is submitted. Simple. No problem. I still have my score, and I
still have comparisons to those published scores.

This is why I love the FOXHUNTS.. they do maintain a power limit.. qrp. It is
enforced by the participants.

Have a great day,
--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy