Re: [CQ-Contest] Thing that drive me nuts

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Thing that drive me nuts
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 16:30:37 -0700
On 12/02/2016 11:47 AM, Matt Murphy wrote:
Speaking of things that drive me nuts:

Sending an additional "TEST" at the end of a CQ.  IE "CQ TEST N1IX N1IX
TEST"

I do this sometimes in an attempt to generate more RBN spots, since RBN
considers TEST equivalent to a CQ. It adds enough information to the end of
a CQ to allow me to be spotted even if the skimmer didn't copy the CQ I
sent at the beginning.

No ! From a CW Skimmer perspective, it is exactly the wrong thing to do.

Look at this example.

CQ TEST NQ6N NQ6N TEST
N2IC N2IC

You have now generated two skimmer spots - one for NQ6N from "CQ TEST NQ6N NQ6N" and the other for N2IC from "TEST N2IC N2IC"

73,
Steve, N2IC