Re: [CQ-Contest] KPA-1500

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KPA-1500
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 11:43:09 -0700
Some key component of Elecraft's design philosophy have always included compact size, light weight, minimum current draw, menus that only are needed for setup and configuration, not while operating, configurability, and high performance. Setting up my operating desk got a LOT easier and less cluttered when I replaced "big boat" FT1000MPs with a pair of K3s. And the fact that the P3 spectrum display is compact and outboard makes it easy to place it above or alongside the radio, allowing more space-efficient (and user friendly) setup of the operating desk. And the KAT500 tuner is sized and designed so that it can live either on top of or underneath the KPA500, or separate from it.

Likewise, the YCCC SO2R box helped a lot with getting "stuff" off the desk.

73, Jim K9YC