Re: [CQ-Contest] A public thanks to CQP (and others who've tossed the MA

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A public thanks to CQP (and others who've tossed the MAR mult away)
From: Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:51:44 -0400
Barry, the term is known, but that's not the reason to discriminate HAMs who happen to live there (myself included). Having Ontario North, South and East - why not add Ontario West or Ontario Centre? It would look pretty logical to a lot of people (again, myself included). There was no any valid explanation for calling it GH, except that "RAC Emergency communication people needed it". Our own Radio Amateurs of Canada seems to have its decision written in stone. We had this discussion on out CCO reflector where RAC officials were offered to operate in a couple of Contests (especially Field Day!) and use GH as an exchange, but it seems that contest community does not exist for RAC.

Sorry for raising this issue, but Mike's message brought it to my mind.
We just had our section called "GTA" for a few years before renaming it to "GH", so there's hope we'll have it finally changed, as it happened with MAR.

73, Yuri VE3DZ