RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet Wishlist Revisited (USB)???

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet Wishlist Revisited (USB)???
From: "barrywhitcomb" <barrywhitcomb@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:57:25 -0400
One thing I would really like to see is a good Karlnet implementation
that will work via USB (i.e. the USB unit with a Gold Card inside from
Orinoco).

It seems I was told at WISPCON in March that a USB driver was soon to be
available. I'm not even sure what the technical issues are.

It strikes me that a USB unit with an external antenna and a longer USB
cable run (with the USB unit placed nearer the antenna) could be one way
to keep CPE installation costs down in certain situations.

Does anyone have additional thoughts or information to share concerning
this?

Barry Whitcomb