Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Durability & Repair

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Durability & Repair
From: "Bill Fisher" <fisher@akorn.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:33:06 -0400

> I have determined through the same experience you have had that these
things
> are just not up to the task of serious outdoor usage.

Its weird though.  I have 7 AP-1000s in service right now.  I've lost two of
them at the same site.  Both had lightning protection on the radios and the
ethernet.  Both times, I lost one while another one at the same location was
fine (the one up ON the tower).  My next plan is to move this AP-1000 up on
the tower.  I have a few extras still.

Thanks

Bill Fisher
Akorn Access - www.akornaccess.com