RFI

[RFI] 138kv power lines

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 138kv power lines
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:37:20 -0400
RFI:

Interesting to see this thread spill over from towertalk to here...or
the other way around.

Quoth Brosnahan:
"The logic of erring on the side of caution is probably valid, but my
reasons for not living under power lines has nothing to do with
health -- only with the potential for QRN on the ham bands.

There are more hazardous activities associated with ham radio
than living under power lines -- such as tower climbing and
HV power supplies. John  W0UN"

Truth there...but other reasons: a) resale would suck due to
uninformed hysteria.  b) If I can FEEL it when I walk under a HV line,
I don't want to live there.  By the time we get statistically significant
data, I'd be an old statistic.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org
jimjarvis@verizon.net