RFI

Re: [RFI] Noisey PSU (Laptop) on HF Decodeing

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noisey PSU (Laptop) on HF Decodeing
From: "Julio Castellano CX9CT" <cx9ct@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:47:51 +0000
I have an IBM T42 now with an original IBM PSU that is clean absolutely but
I had an IBM 600E previously that had a Targus aftermarket PSU that
generated very strong QRM, as soon as I replaced that with an original IBM
PSU it was clean.

Similarly replacing a (dead) original PSU in an IBM E-Pro desktop with a
crap Powmax PSU generated all kinds of QRM, again replacing the Powmax with
an IBM original cleaned everything up.

73,
Julio VE3FH