RFI

[RFI] CFL bulbs - Inpact of Aging

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] CFL bulbs - Inpact of Aging
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:54:53 -0500
Has anyone seen a study of CFL's over time?

I read somewhere that the aging process, mostly
heat, power surges, and brownouts, wreaks havoc
and that over time CFL's can become incrementally
more noisy.

We have seen this in electronic dimmer circuits.

It may not be detectable by an individual user because
we tend to adjust to slow change but I wonder if one
asks someone to bring a sensitive portable receiver
into their home after 1yr or 2yr the new ears may
notice an unacceptable level of noise when heard
suddenly.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html