RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY

To: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>,"Jim Miller" <JimMiller@stl-online.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:01:55 -0400
I wonder if anyone has done a complete analysis of the total cost, i.e.,
total emission involved in the manufacture, use, and disposal of CFL's
compared to incandescent bulbs?

It might work out as did one I recently saw for the total cradle to grave
emissions for the hybrid gas/electric cars.  Due to the raw material
extraction, manufacturing processes, recycling, and disposal of materials
for this type of auto, the total pollution emitted per car was greater than
that for the largest SUV.

David
KC2JD/4