RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY

To: RFI Reflector <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:51:28 -0400
On Oct 18, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Kelly Johnson wrote:

> No, give credit to environmentalists that insist that humans will
> become extinct in no time if we don't eliminate nearly every
> technological advance made since the industrial revolution.

        CFL Bulbs are more technically advanced than incandescent bulbs.

> Also give
> credit to the politicians that have bought into the same doomsday
> thinking.  Better stock up on those incandescent bulbs (and trans
> fats, and SUVs, and wine bottle corks, and disposable diapers, and
> styrofoam cups, and...) before they're all banned :-)

        Don't forget the DDT and the Benzene fire extinguishers!   ;^)

Seriously, while people like to blame every ill on earth on the
"leeburuls", give it a break. You are wrong.

The reason that the CFL bulbs are not lasting as long is that they
are becoming popular, and lots of businesses are rushing to
manufacture them, and many are not doing so very well. I have bulbs
from when they first came out that are still going strong, and ones
bought 3 months ago that have had failures.

My guess is under a free market economy, the poorly manufactured
bulbs will have the fate of all shoddy products, perhaps along with
their manufacturers.

-73 de Mike KB3EIA -