RFI

Re: [RFI] VLF interference Re: CFLs and LEDs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] VLF interference Re: CFLs and LEDs
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:07:21 -0600
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 17:39, Roger (K8RI) <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com> wrote:

> Probably nothing although I do emphasize the probably.  I've seen no
> reports of a CFL causing a fire.

Excellent point - how many fires are caused each year by Mr Edison's
little space heaters?

> and IIRC  there were only a couple early one and one since. (Neglecting
> the big on the the garage I filled with "Wasp and Hornet killer".) We

Yeah, we had a garage one go as well.  Wife assembled a plastic
shelving unit, about 6' high, and moved it over to it's final resting
place.  Forgot about the bulb when she lifted it.  Damn that Al Gore
and his CFLs!

She also forgot about the minuscule amount of mercury in CFLs and just
swept it up.  Has not grown horns yet that I can see.