RFI

Re: [RFI] VLF interference Re: CFLs and LEDs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] VLF interference Re: CFLs and LEDs
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:10:14 -0600
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 17:58, Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:8:./temp/~c1103EfPAT:e261917:
>
> What I don't care for is that they ban incandescents specifically.
> IMHO, they should have set a minimum threshold for lumens/watt
> regardless of design.

Wrong.  I read it more carefully - they did what I thought they should
do.  Incandescents will be perfectly legal after 2014 if they meet the
exceptions (like appliance bulbs) or they meet the new efficiency
standards.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I see they also apply CAFE to loopholes, I mean "light trucks".  About
time.  So much backsliding since the 1980s.

Absolutely no mention of RFI that I have found.