RFI

Re: [RFI] VLF interference Re: CFLs and LEDs

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VLF interference Re: CFLs and LEDs
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:27:26 -0800
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:29:10 -0600, Dale Martin wrote:

>One lightbulb fries and suddenly it's 'the government's fault!

Yes. I've had at least a dozen CFLs in my home for about two years.
No issues, no RFI. Most came from Costco, a few from a local
hardware store. My electricity bill is a lot lower as a result, and
slightly less of the beautiful mountains in my home state of West
Virginia (or in Kentucky, or Wyoming, or Montana, or New Mexico or
Pennsylvania) need to be destroyed to strip-mine the coal that
generates that electicity. And if you don't believe that's
happening, I challenge you to jump in your car and see for yourself.

Defective products are the result of poor manufacture. Some causes
of the distribution of unsafe products is the emphasis by the
American consumer on low cost and a flashy TV ad campaign as the
only criteria upon which to make a purchasing decision. Another
cause is inadequate regulation of commerce by government, two major
causes of that are unfunded government agencies, and government
agencies filled with political appointees who don't want to enforce
the law. The FCC has been hampered by all of these shortcomings
since the days of the great "downsizing" of government nearly 30
years ago. I'm old enough to remember when the FCC had rules that
actually protected the radio spectrum, and Field Inspectors who
enforced those rules.

Jim Brown K9YC