I've got pictures of one of ours that burned. I cut it open to see
what was inside. If anyone is interested I can send the photo.
On 07, Feb 2009, at 10:15, David C. Hallam wrote:
> Well, you may *never* had one smoke but I have. It was so hot that
> plastic housing was starting to get soft.
> Wal-Mart didn't pass legislation mandating the use of CFL's after
> whatever the date is. I don't remember. And how Al Gore ever got
> to be
> a Nobel Laureate with his outright lies about global warming is
> beyond me.
> This bulb didn't come from Wal-Mart.
> Peter Laws wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 07:08, David C. Hallam
>> <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> "Another fine mess you've gotten us into Ollie" Whoops my mistake
>>> our government and Al Gore that got us into this.
>> I've not installed a 19th century bulb in the 21st century, save for
>> ones in the car and, I think, maybe one in the 'fridge or oven.
>> That's 9 years in two houses in two states (i.e. entirely different
>> grid location).
>> I've *never* had one smoke. Ever. I don't know how you guys do it.
>> I've had lamps die prematurely. Early on, when they were darned
>> expensive, I've been able to replace them at no charge from the
>> vendor. Lately, it's enough of a hassle to do and the lamps are
>> relatively cheaper that we don't bother.
>> In the meantime, I've reduced my electric bill by more than the bulbs
>> ever cost me, not to mention put a lot less carbon (and heavy metals)
>> into the air that I breathe.
>> And it's not Nobel Laureate Vice President Gore that "got us into
>> this" - it's WalMart:
>> But, then, you're hams. I'm sure you whined about CW when it
>> spark and about SSB when it replaced AM ...
> RFI mailing list
RFI mailing list