RFI

Re: [RFI] Help with Bad RFI.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Help with Bad RFI.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 09:33:25 -0800
On 1/15/2011 2:55 AM, Hare, Ed W1RFI wrote:
> I hate to bring up the thread gain, but the noise sounds like it could be
> coming from a high-powered indoor grow light. I say that because the one
> model we looked at had a peak of 9 MHz, with strong noise also above and
> below it.

Ed,

Something that could be a quite useful resource is a library of sound
files and spectral samples of noise produced by sources that have been
solidly identified. This sounds like something that the League
could/should logically do.  I suspect that once it was set up that could
be contributed to by various EMC engineers in the field.

73, Jim Brown K9YC