RFI

Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 12:47:11 -0700
On 19 Apr 2014 at 12:20, Jim Brown wrote:

> On 4/19/2014 11:31 AM, David Robbins via RFI wrote:
> > My service is adsl-2+ which is supposed to go up to 2200khz, I don't hear it
> > on 160m.
>
> David,
>
> The only RFI issues I've heard with DSL is susceptibility of the DSL
> modem to ham band RF. W2RU went through this in a big way on his own DSL
> line something like 5 years ago, and I've seen many other reports,
> including from W8JI.

Interesting: I have DSL through Frontier here, and have not yet had that
problem.

I HAVE had problems with the RF from my transmitter and amp modifying
the settings in our wireless router to the extent that I had to reinstall those.

I also had to install those ferrite snap-on chokes on almost every wire going
into and out of our entertainment equipment.

Ken W7EKB