RFI

Re: [RFI] My local noise - another report.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] My local noise - another report.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 00:41:58 -0000
Today, still frustrated as heck, I decided to scan the frequencies to see
if this noise of mine would peak somewhere: tuning DOWN below 3575 did
not show a peak, and furthermore the noise level got LOWER. On 160
meters, it is about S-8.

However, tuning UP in frequency, the noise level slowly rose until at
exactly 4286 KHz AM, 6 KHz IF bandwidth, I hit a peak of 25 db over S-9
and a VERY odd sounding, motor-like noise.

I have made a 30 to 45 second recording of it, which I can view in
Windows Media Player, if anyone would like to hear this crap.

Tomorrow, Saturday, I hope to be able to go on another hunting
expedition.

Gee.... I am NOT pleased... :-(

Ken W7EKB