RFI

Re: [RFI] A request for RFI service.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] A request for RFI service.
From: David Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 14:45:18 -0800
Hi,

If the sign owner does not remember the vendor, then you have a few

1.  Replace the sign yourself.  Making sure that you do not own the
liability if it generates RFI in say the police band, but not for you.

2.  See if you can talk the sign owner into replacing the sign, and you
help him select one.  Do not promise him it is RFI proof.  If you do,
and say a business band user has an issue, could be perceived as
responsible, and might be sued.  All you can tell him is that for you,
the RFI is gone.

3.  Involve the FCC.  They should send a letter based on what you have
said here.

If the sign owner does remember the vendor, you have several options in
addition to the ones above:

1.  See the vendor and let him know he sold a defective sign to the
current owner, and ask that it be replaced.  Again, don't claim it is
RFI proof, only for you is it RFI proof.

2.  Involve the FCC if everyone tells you to go suck rocks.

3.  Replace the sign yourself.

4.  See if the current owner will replace it.

Always be calm, respectful, and kind to all the people you speak to, and
keep a log with dates, times, names, and what you spoke about.  If you
choose to contact the FCC include your log.

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net