RFI

Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 21:05:42 -0600
On 2/8/2020 19:58, David Eckhardt wrote:
If things are designed and executed properly with EMC/RFI in mind, there
should be no need for these clamp-on ferrite 'beads'.

SOME kinds of home electronics devices have gotten better. 25 years ago, my YL bought a fairly expensive electronic piano. Despite several pounds of ferrites on the power cord, I still wiped it out. Then, a couple years ago, she bought a new one. No external ferrites. I've tried my best in many contests, but I can't make the thing flinch. (She often is practicing when I'm operating. I'd hear about it.) It's a different brand (Kawai now, Yamaha then). I'm a bit puzzled by that, actually: Why would an electronics manufacturer go to the trouble of making something that RF proof, when so few of their customers have a transmitter that close? Not that I'm complaining.

Other home electronics devices seem to have gotten better, too. Now, if only they'd do something about those switching supplies!

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA