RFI

Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 10:13:31 -0600
Ferrite common mode chokes are very unlikely to have adverse effects on the electronics, unlike bypass capacitors. (Slow rise times, oscillating op amps, etc.) And they often ARE effective at reducing RFI.

That said, I have one of those cheap Bryant furnaces with variable speed blowers, and I've never heard any RFI from it. Nor does 1500 W into a shunt fed tower on 80 and 160 forty feet away affect it. Unlike the water heater, which I have to reset after every 160 contest, or I'm in big trouble.

73,
Scott K9MA