RFI

Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 14:46:44 -0600
Most likely the compressor, just because it's larger.

73,
Scott K9MA

On 2/8/2020 12:26, Kim Elmore wrote:
My understanding is that the RFI is generated by the variable speed motor controls. In these systems, both the compressor and the forced-air run at variable speeds. Which is the main contributor to the RFI? These units will be maybe 30 ft from my tower; I shunt-feed my tower for 160 m, so they will be in a relatively high RF environment.

*IF* we replace our current units (and that's a *very* big if), I'll make sure that the thermostat line is also filtered one way or the other!

Kim N5OP