RFI

Re: [RFI] New RFI Source

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New RFI Source
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 17:54:58 -0500
I've tracked it down to a neighbors' house. It was easily detected with my VHF tracker.  Unfortunately, the homeowner is not cooperative. The source seemed to be associated with a TV and modem/router. We recently had a major power outage, so I suspect the surges damaged something, perhaps an MOV in a surge protector. Hopefully, it will soon fail completely, perhaps even without starting a fire.

The HF beam heading was about 45 degrees off. The noise seems to be mostly vertically polarized, which would explain that.

73,
Scott
K9MA

--