Re: [RTTY] North Dakota was missing in the ARRL RTTY Round Up

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] North Dakota was missing in the ARRL RTTY Round Up
From: Tim <tim.n9puz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:20:50 -0600
Jim McDonald wrote:
> Only a little tongue in cheek, I've read that Fargo is a very nice place to
> live.  Add ham radio popularity, and maybe it should be on a contester's
> list of places to check out. ;-)
>
> Jim N7US

I've never lived there but a few years back I worked for a company
with an office in Fargo. I've been there quite a few times. It's a
nice town with most anything you want and perhaps even an above
average assortment of suppliers, etc. However, the reason for that is
probably Fargo's biggest drawback--it's a LONG way from Fargo to
anywhere else of decent size. Typically if the people there weren't
doing something in Fargo they were traveling to Minneapolis/St. Paul
which is a few hours away.

Tim, N9PUZ
Springfield, IL
Web: <http://www.n9puz.com>