Re: [RTTY] dupes

To: "'Andrei Stchislenok'" <asnp3d@gmail.com>,"'Tom Osborne'" <w7why@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] dupes
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:41:17 -0700
I'd like to emphasize Tom's point about always work dupes that call you and
don't even question it.  You are not penalized and it is much faster than
trying to sort it out.

I'm responding to this thread because I duped Andrei in SCC on 80 meters
just 20 minutes or so after I had worked him the first time.  I didn't
realize I had called him for a duplicate contact until we had completed the
QSO and I saw that I still only had one band-contact with him.  The reason I
called was I "thought" I had just worked him on 40 meters, but in fact it
had been on 80 meters, the same band I was now calling him on a second time.
There was no reason for me doing this except momentary distraction and
mental lapse.  My software clearly showed that he was a dupe, but I didn't
notice it.

Normally I configure my software to block my transmission if I am calling a
dupe, but to allow dupes to call me.  Apparently, I didn't have this set up
right this weekend.  But, again, regardless of my particular story or anyone
else's, it is in everyone's best interest to just work a dupe who calls you.
Andrei did that without skipping a beat.

73,
Ed - W0YK