Re: [RTTY] FT-920 in FSK

To: "Scott Long" <k8sm@windstream.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT-920 in FSK
From: "Ron Hall, Sr." <ronkp2n@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:14:21 -0400
Scott ... We use 2 FT-920's at W4GAC.  Only change is we use N1MM
and Writelog software and home brew interfaces.

Look carefully at page 55 in your Yaesu manual.  It explains how to use the
920
in AFSK for RTTY.  N1XX here in St. Pete just went through the same troubles
you are having.  U 42 needs to be set to 2125L and toggle the DATA switch to
read DATA - USB.

There is a switch on the rear panel of the 920 that needs to be set to
either FSK or
AFSK.  In AFSK mode refer to manual page 55 to complete setup.  For FSK
toggle the DATA switch to LSB and you will need a trigger switch to key the
FSK.
The RigBlaster Plus manual should show how to set this up.  Menu U 42 would
have to
be set to it's default value.  AFSK RTTY on a FT-920 setup is different than
most other
transceivers. Once you get it setup it works great.

Going out of town for Gator Nationals this weekend.  If you still have
problems let me
know and I'll get with you next week.

GL

Ron  KP2N