Re: [RTTY] Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:53:12 -0500
You make an excellent point, Bill. We can agree that it is possible
to make a 160m RTTY contact; however, a RTTY contest on 160m would
be frustrating to all (to say the least).

As you point out, the additional difficulties related to operation
on 160m in the face of a contest would be detrimental.

Hunt and pounce on 160m? I doubt it. A QSO on 160m is hard enough
for the average station. How many of those hard earned points can
the overzealous contester glean out of the noise? A few contacts?
Maybe -- a big run on a QRG? Doubtful.

My opinion - as I step down from the soap box!

73 de Phil - N8PS