Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies

To: "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>, "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:51:08 -0600
Ron,

This could be most any software and a product of a user defined Macro.

As example, I use Logger32 with the MMTTY and MMVARI engines.
All the macros, up to 36 per mode for each engine, are user programmable.
I have a response macro for each contest.

My WPX response macro is:
---------------------
$transmit$
 QSL $call$ 599 $serialnum$ $serialnum$ de $mycall$ TU
$receive$
$log$
---------------------
As you will note this macros keys the transmitter, sends the response and
reverts back to receive. It also Logs the QSO.
I use this macro after I have already received an ack with the QSO partner's
number.

Now to address your question. If I get a request for NBR repeat, I use this
Macro:
------------------------
$transmit$
QSL $call$ $serialnum-1$ $serialnum-1$ de $mycall$ TU
$receive$
-------------------------
Note that this macro is in the same format and includes the QSO partner's
call, however since I have already logged the QSO the call has disappeared
and the serial number advanced. So the $call$ macro will be blank. IE: "QSL
100 100 de W5IFP TU" This should be sufficient because the QSO Partner
already knows who he/she is requesting a repeat from.
In this case I will only provide mycall at the end and the system will
subtract 1 from the last number logged ($serialnum-1$). I can repeat this
macro as many times as necessary. If necessary I can add the call back into
the log entry field and it will then send his/her callsign again. I rarely
ever need to do this.

My macro system is setup so I can work an entire contest with mouse clicks
and hardly ever touch the keyboard. I can optionally use the "F" keys as
each macro is assigned to a F, CTRL F, or ALT F hot key.

 Excuse the long winded explanation. Perhaps I got carried away and told you
more than you wanted to know...(:->

     73s de Jim
       W5IFP