Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death
From: Wa3frp <wa3frp@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:41:17 -0500 (EST)

>USOS prevents this by sending a LTRS character every time it
>detects a space, thus resetting things back to "normal".

I think that this is incorrect.  As I remember, USOS is enabled on the
receiver's end and adds the extra LTRS on space.  I don't believe that the
transmitting station sends a LTRS character along with each SPACE character
that it detects.  This is a carryover from the mechanical teleprinter age when
USOS was enabled in Teletype and other similar machines.  Does anyone have a
counter to this claim?

Thanks and 73,

Russ - WA3FRP
wa3frp@aol.com