Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, more beat this to death
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:08:34 -0800
On Feb 11, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Wa3frp wrote:

> As I remember, USOS is enabled on the receiver's end and adds the extra LTRS
> on space.  I don't believe that the transmitting station sends a LTRS
> character along with each SPACE character that it detects.

That is correct.  From the transmitter's viewpoint, each SPACE is simply an
"implicit LTRS."

The transmitter's only responsibility when using USOS, is to change its own
state to LTRS right after sending the SPACE.

If a FIGS character comes after a space, the transmitter will then
automatically insert an additional FIGS code first.

73
Chen, W7AY