Re: [RTTY] GRITTY 1.2

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] GRITTY 1.2
From: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:57:59 -0400
Hi Peter,

Since GRITTY is not just a new application but a new technology, I did not want to invest too much time in its bells and whistles until the technology itself is tested and accepted by the RTTY community. In its current state, the program has a minimalist user interface, it does not even have a Settings dialog. I can add new features if they are required for testing, such as waterfall resizing to fit GRITTY's window on the conterster's screen, but other, 'nice to have' features have to wait a little bit. Custom font size and colors is now on my to-do list for the future versions, thank you for the idea.

The Data File section in the Help file contains some information about the INI and other files used by the program. Until the Settings dialog is added to the program, some settings may be changed only in the ini file. This is currently undocumented as these options will be removed in the future. One such option is default mark and space tones: you can change them by changing the value of the DefaultHighTone parameter in the ini file. This parameter sets the higher of the two tones, the lower one is 170 Hz below it. Another option enables the Save Audio and Play Back Audio buttons intended for debugging. To enable these buttons, add the following lines at the bottom of Gritty.ini:

[Debug]
ExpertMode=1

73 Alex VE3NEA