[TenTec] Why Stop Here ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Stop Here ?
From: Brian Hemmis" <K3USC@worldnet.att.net (Brian Hemmis)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:56:54 -0500
Boy, I know I'm gonna start something ! The ONLY decent audio out of any Ten
Tec I've owned- Corsair 2, Paragon, Omni 5, 6, 6+ (upgraded) was with the
older style Heil amplified speakers. I operate 99% phone and finally sold my
TT in favor of a Yazoo 1000D. I own Collins S-Line, Drake C-Line and R-8A,
and still have my old Kenwood TS-830S. I'll stand by my claim- On phone TT
audio stinks ! If it's communications quality (battlefield as some of the
3999 gang called it !) you're looking for you'll be satisfied- beyond that
look elsewhere. I never had anyone tell me how good my Xmit'd audio sounded
on any TT- using a variety of mics incl. TT desk mic. With all the other
brands audio compliments are common. (Never cared for Icom audio either !).
I do claim to be a hifi guy also- Pass Aleph 3 ss and Cary 300B set amp's
for those interested in that diversion so I know and appreciate quality
audio. No I don't feel the need to spring for a Symerix processor to make a
TT sound good on phone. Maybe if I was a CW op I'd feel differently. I
really admire TT and would like to support them (other than just my 238
tuner) but they've got some work to do ! OK guys-start throwing stones !!
73, Brian K3USC-Erie,PA 814-866-2585 or e-mail