[TenTec] TenTec for 160M

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec for 160M
From: Bill_Ames@hysoft.com (Bill_Ames@hysoft.com)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 16:12:35 -0400
It is a great receive ant, I can here as well as anyone....but.... a low
loop is a high angle radiator (but it is very effective in that
direction..), now with just 50 w or less I would use CW for DX and with
that mode I can reach quite far with a few skips. All in all the horz loop
is the best ant for the cost and ease of use. Feed it with 50 ohm line and
adjust the loop length for resonance at your desired op frq. Don't use any
tuners. The loop will work well on harmonically related frq.

Bill Ames
KB1LG