[TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus
From: jhurry@austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Tue Mar 4 22:51:53 2003
Jody,

I have owned a FT920 and currently own a 756Pro,  Jupiter and a TS2000 in
the car.  Out of all those radios I really enjoy the Jupiter.   The biggest
reason I purchased the Jupiter over the Pegasus was that I figured that the
resale price would be higher in the long run, but the Pegasus seem to be
holding pretty good.

As far as a FIRST radio, I am not sure that a new ham can appreciate or
understand the operations of the Pegasus, and might get unhappy with the
operation.   I guess I have been a ham too long..

The 920 is a good radio for the money, it's big and has lots of features and
are understandable, the Jupiter is simpler than the 920 and the Pro.   The
Jupiter is quieter than either one of those radios too..    The TS2000 is
more complicated to get setup than all the other radios put together.    But
they are all easy after everything is setup correctly...

Good luck, and if you do pick a Pegasus and you have a good computer
background, you'll have fun with it I'm sure..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ
jhurry@austin.rr.com