[TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."
From: genewill@ordata.com (genewill@ordata.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 09:36:47 2003
     This just might come in handy when the Orion rolls out ...

     My ArgoV, which has been to the factory once for infant-mortality
repairs, suddenly developed a "rasp" in its audio. The sort of thing
normally heard with propagation disturbance, except signals were
clean in my other three receivers.

     After two weeks of A/B/C/D testing, I decided I definitely had a
malfunction and called Ten-Tec service. After I explained the problem
to a patient, helpful tech, he said, "I assume you've done a reset."

     Duh! Well, no, I hadn't. "Remember," he said, "It's a computer."

     Yep, I'd done it to myself in wanting a nifty new Software Defined
Radio on my desk. Reboot, reboot, and reboot again. It's a whole new
world out there ... especially for us appliance operators.

73 Gene N7YW
99.44% CW since 1958 (ex-K7DBV)