[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Fri Mar 28 10:13:17 2003
Okay, anyone ready to write an eham review?

Re the knob, I like to have the tune knob on my Omni spin freely.  So much
so that I didn't bother with the skirt adjustment.  I also removed the grip,
loosened the shaft screw and backed the whole knob out from the panel so the
two don't even touch each other.   When I sent mine back to TT for a bal.
modulator adjustment it came back with the knob jammed against the front
panel.  I backed it out again and everything's fine.  I guessed that this is
something they do for shipping (I'm trying to not think that UPS slammed it
around and the knob got jammed against the panel hi) to help protect the
f.p./knob/shaft assy.
73,

Rob
K5UJ

p.s. when you play with the box, let me play with the orion.