[TenTec] Disillusioned with your Orion, Long for the good olddays?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Disillusioned with your Orion, Long for the good olddays?
From: tongaloa@alltel.net (tongaloa)
Date: Tue Jul 1 19:33:10 2003
I used to talk to military ferry pilots and IIRC they were using these
(mid 70's).
If not, whatever it was had AGC on the audio in and when the guys weren't
speaking, the 400Hz and harmonics were brought up enough for full level
modulation.
What a whine! You knew they were still there.
It was the middle of the Pacific, they were on the way to JA and bored.

73,
-Bob