Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 16:55:49 EST
In a message dated 12/25/03 4:36:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, n1eu@yahoo.com
writes:
>>I noticed
something that I overlooked when I first read the
Orion review and that I haven't seen mentioned.  The
Orion seemed to exhibit cw element shortening, which I
only noticed when looking at the fuller K2 waveform
next to it.<<

Yea, I noticed that Orion is "eating" part of the dit, especially the first
one. That's why I want PTT to be operational on CW, so we can use our own,
computer controlled PTT and keying timing.

Now on K2 waveform, there seems to be a magic: dit is generated before the
key is closed? Talking about "smart" rig? :-)

Yuri, K3BU.us