Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??
From: "Ken" <ka0w@spamcop.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:26:38 -0600
The FT-1000D is the casual listening vintage rig in my shack. I use it to
check band condx. Easy to turn on (1 switch & no external p/s) and to spin
the dial for general coverage. It's not the most pleasant rig to listen to
for long periods on CW or in QRM. In contest condx it takes me two seconds
to have enough of my roofing filter modified FT-1000D (125 Hz IF) and switch
to the Orion II.

Merry Christmas!

Ken, KA0W