Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??

To: "'Ron Castro'" <ronc@sonic.net>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:01:55 -0600
Can it be updated to a II?

I have looked on the various sites:
But am starting to get really confused:

ORION, ORION I, ORION II
OMNI A, OMNI, OMNI D series B, OMNI D series C, OMNI C, OMNI B.

Then there are the mod1 mod2 mod3, ect and on and on.

Then they say:
 "so n' so with mod1 (same as) the such n' such"

Then there are factory modes as opposed to user mods:
(that's real scary in these days)

These are some of the terms I am running into and they all look like different
radios. Are they simply misusing the nomenclature?

It looks like there was an: OMNI, OMNI A, OMNI B, OMNI C, OMNI D, OMNI D series
B, OMNI D series C and ORION, ORION I, ORION II.

Has anyone made a table up somewhere who has been doing this a while showing
the actual models, modifications, ect along with a
feature comparison for each?

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)