Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind
From: philip c anderson <flypca@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:00:23 -0500
John, my feeling exactly. I LOVE MY Oll. At 66yrs old I can be patient.
Andy W3LI> Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:46:58 -0500> From: hjohnc@gmail.com> To:
tentec@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind> > I've
been stewing about getting an update for my Orion I. Not getting > the update
had made the update seem like something I really needed. It > was like I was
missing out.> > After reviewing the Ten Tec update page I saw that all I was
missing was > a different AGC setup.> > No doubt when the update arrives, after
all this anticipation, it will > be a disappointment. Not because it doesn't do
as promised, but because > the anticipation has built it up to being the
ultimate answer to > everyone's gripes and concerns.> > Messages will fly about
the updated AGC and the old AGC and a vocal > group will advocate going back to
the old AGC. In the end, the > differences will be minor.> > Same with the
screen stuff for the Orion II. Some will like it, some > won't and will
complain and threaten to quit buying from Ten Tec. Most > of the screen stuff
can be handled by external methods already.> > I'm not going to worry about the
update for now. I like the radio, it > does a great job for me and the items in
the update won't change things > much one way or the other.> > The bottom line
won't be when the update arrives, it will be determining > if the update
includes anything significant.> > 73 de K1ESE> John>