Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind

To: N4PY <n4py@arrl.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lone voice in the wind
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:54:09 -1000
Hi Carl,
> My N4PY Orion software has can be operated in diversity mode.  And my
> program has an adjustment in it to allow for a slight frequency offset in
> the 2 receivers and correct it.

That sounds interesting. Can you explain how it works? I thought the
reason the two receivers are always off frequency by some small amount
is that they use different PLL schemes, with different minimum
resolution step sizes. How can software change that? Perhaps I've got it
all wrong.

Even with different step sizes, at some frequencies the two receivers
might be on exactly the same frequency. Maybe the N4PY software can be
operated so that only these particular frequencies can be tuned?

DE N6KB