Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec mics

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec mics
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 09:49:04 +0200
I learned a lot in this thread so far and James and Jim both bring up good
points.

James said it is difficult to describe something without using too much
bandwidth.
This very true.  I'm challenged with this every day in my job in tech
support.
If you use simple examples in an attempt to explain, the experts think you
don't know what you are talking about.
If you give ample and exact details, the person you are explaining to
doesn't understand.

Jim said the problem is the LIDS (my words - not his) who won't invest the 5
minutes of time to learn about stuff.  I stand and applaud this statement!
I DO NOT MEAN PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP.  People here are here because they want
to learn and share their experience.

What I have learned here, IMO the most important point, is that the world of
Electret Mics is not Plun-n-Play, and unless you match it properly to the
rig, there is no benefit, maybe even a loss of performance.

AND I CERTAINLY CONCUR with the point that the manufacturers are concerned
with how much effort it takes to support products because I support an
antenna manufacturer's products 7 days per week.  You would not believe some
of the stuff we see people doing or expecting products to do!  Half the time
the answer is in the instruction manual, which the user was too lazy to
read.

This has been a very good thread.

I have one more question on the Electret mics:  which side is dit and which
side is dah ?  ;=)

Happy Easter everybody!

Rick, DJ0IP