Re: [TenTec] Form Factor and Display Size

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Form Factor and Display Size
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 12:13:25 -0700
On 7/5/2013 9:53 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
I don't want to have to push a button to display my selectivity or PBT
setting.  I don't want to do a push-hold to switch the display so that I
can see the subrx settings (and push-hold to get back to main settings).  I
don't want to have to twiddle the MIC knob to see my mic gain setting, or
the CMP knob to see my compression setting, or the PWR knob to see my power
setting.  ETC ETC  I want them all visible, all the time, at a glance.

Gee, you must change this stuff a LOT more often than I do. Of course, I only make about 15,000 QSOs a year, and I only work 160M to 6M, and I only work CW, SSB, RTTY, JT65, and FSK441. The only things I typically change while I'm operating are RIT/XIT (that's a knob on the front panel of the K3), the Main Tuning Knob, and the IF bandwidth (there's a visual display on the K3, and if you move the bandwidth knob you will see the current setting). But my EARS give me a pretty good idea of what the IF bandwidth is.

I can't remember when the last time was that I changed the Mic Gain or the Compression, or the built-in TXEQ and RXEQ settings. I don't think it's been this year. :)

73, Jim K9YC