Re: [TenTec] OMNI-D Series C

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI-D Series C
From: James Boswell <jboswell@nrao.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:10:05 -0600
On 8/21/2014 5:47 AM, Alexander N. Gerli wrote:
Hi folks!  Well, something new and different in the shack. I've been
licensed since my 'teens (1964). It may have taken a few years (!), but I
just got my first Ten Tec xcvr! My OMNI-D is loaded and has the 255 P/S.
Even though it dates from the 1980s, it is a really nice radio. The first
thing I noticed was the RX noise floor - very quiet. The counter timebase
was off about 100Hz for WWV, and that was an easy adjustment.  Beats me why
I waited so long to get one of these. It is one fine rig.

Anxious to get on one of the Sunday Nets.

Alex,
The Omni-C is a great radio. I got the chance to compare an Omni-C and Eagle side to side. Considering the 30 years difference in age the Omni-C was fantastic. Yes, I would like to own an Eagle and maybe someday I will. If I had known the Eagle was going to be on sale I could have sold a few extra radios so I would have had the funds.

I also have a Corsair II and a Paragon. You could say the Omni-C, Corsair II and the Paragon make up my first string team. Neat thing is I have extra parts radios for the Corsair, Corsair II and Omni-C. With my 38 years of electronics experience I plan to keep those great radios humming till I am a silent Key.

        My current TenTec Radios line-up:

                        Argosy D                Delta
                        Omni-C                  Corsair
                        Corsair II              Paragon